Arkansas National Guard
Camp Joseph T. Robinson, North Little Rock, AR.
Reconnaissance \ Observation
- Mission 5a- Ground Reconnaissance
- Reconnoiter or
perform area observation by land or water to detect and report illegal drug
activities that include, but are not limited to, cultivated marijuana, suspected
isolated drug trafficking airstrips, drug drop zones, drug
trafficking corridors, illegal drug laboratories, suspicious
aircraft, watercraft, or motor vehicles.
- National Guard personnel will not maintain or store gathered
information in National Guard facilities or databases.
Information will be reported as designated by the supported LEA.
- Mission 5b- Aerial Reconnaissance.
- Conduct reconnaissance/observation of airspace,
maritime or surface areas (land and internal waterways of the
US and territories) for illegal drug activities which include,
but are not limited to, cultivation of marijuana or delivery of
- Reconnaissance may be directed toward suspected drug trafficking
airstrips/drop zones/corridors or suspicious
- A law enforcement officer (LEO) must be present or in direct
contact for all aviation FLIR/IR sensor missions. LEOs are authorized to
fly on aircraft during validated and approved missions provided the purpose is
to facilitate counterdrug activities.
- Mission may require site security for aircraft and ground radar.
- Approved equipment and techniques include, but are not limited to:
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs)
- Aerial visual techniques, including infrared/thermal imagery, and photographic reconnaissance.
- Photo reconnaissance/film processing.
- Approved categories of CD activities include, but are not limited to:
- Unattended Sensor Support
- Personnel will support
LEAs in the emplacement, monitoring, and maintenance of
unattended sensors in areas where suspected drug activity is
- Visual reconnaissance/observation by mobile patrol.
- Visual reconnaissance/observation by mobile patrols and
Listening Posts/Observation Posts (LPs/OPs), using
binoculars, cameras, night vision devices, and
infrared/thermal imagery, including Forward Looking Infrared
(FLIR) or lowlight devices. A Law Enforcement Officer (LEO)
must be present or in direct contact with the National Guard
- Ground Surveillance Radar (GSR
- Establish and operate
ground radar sites using either Army or Air GSR systems.
Mission includes site security and may require
:: Counterdrug Coordinator
:: Executive Officer
:: Operations NCO
:: Civil Operations
:: Joint Substance Abuse Coordinator (ARMY)
:: Joint Substance Abuse Prevention Coordinator (PC)