Don't...Wear Black Hats.
We're Actually Here...to Help You!
- The Arkansas State Inspector General (IG) is an
Officer on the Personal Staff of The Adjutant General
(TAG) and reports directly to TAG on matters affecting
the Strength and Readiness of the Arkansas National
Guard. Air Guard IGs report directly to their Wing Commander.
- An IG is a confidential advisor and unbiased fact-
finder, and one of our primary focuses is on problem
identification and resolution.
- IG missions are accomplished using one of the four
IG Functions: Inspections, Assistance, Investigations, and
Teach and Train.
- The IG is Not a commander. We recommend rather
than direct action, and do not formulate policy (except
- The IG sphere of influence includes everything for
which The Adjutant General is responsible.
- What the IG Can
Do for YOU.
The intent of the Inspector General is to extend
the eyes, ears, voice and conscience of The Adjutant
General; providing oversight, insight and foresight
through effective communication, coordination and
cooperation in an effort to strengthen unit readiness;
thus ensuring the capability to be responsive to the
needs of our Nation, our State and our Communities.