Becoming an NGMTC Instructor
- WEAPONS COMPANY INSTRUCTOR Requirements:
- Minimum grade of SSG/E6.
- Must possess or be able to obtain Graduate of Squad Designated Marksman
Course, Graduate of Small Arms Master Gunner Course, Graduate of Total
Army Instructor Training Course (TA-ITC) or Army Basis Instructor Course
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge or experience in marksmanship
instruction, Training Doctrine Command (TRADOC) Regulations and TRADOC
approved Program of Instructions (POIs), Course Management Plans (CMPs),
and Training Support Package (TSPs).
- Previous experience with competitive shooting
and NRA qualifications are desired.
- SNIPER INSTRUCTOR Requirements:
- Must possess MOS 11B or 18 series and be B4 (sniper) qualified.
- Must have the Army Basis Instructor Course (ABIC) and Combat Lifesaver
Course (CLS) or become qualified within 12 months.
- Must be able to become qualified to operate all unit organic military
- Applicants should demonstrate through prior experience, education,
certifications, and training the following:
- Knowledge of Sniper tactics, training, and doctrine and ability to apply them operationally.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of marksmanship and ability to apply and train fundamentals of marksmanship.
- Ability to plan, prepare, execute, and assess training in a classroom and field environment.
- Knowledge of range operations and ability to plan, prepare, execute, and assess range operations.
- Knowledge of Composite Risk Management (CRM) and ability to apply fundamentals of CRM in planning, preparing, executing, and assessing training to ensure safety of students, instructors, and equipment.
- Knowledge of complexities of the Contemporary Operating Environment and ability to apply lessons learned in training.
- Knowledge of The Army School Systems (TASS) and ability to utilize POIs, CMPs, and TSPs. (8) ABIC or TAITC, and Combat CLS certification is preferred.
If you are interested in becoming part of the NGMTC Cadre send a
resume detailing your qualifications to